Visual Examination Method
Level 1 and Level 2
This course is designed to meet the industrial qualification requirements for Visual Examination. The training covers basic theory, test principles, products, equipment operation and standardization, safety, operating procedures, applicable techniques, applicable specifications, codes, and written instructions used by the employer and interpretation of indications as well as sufficient laboratory training. The course satisfies the training hours needed for both Level 1 and Level 2 certifications in accordance with SNT-TC-1A and / or CP-189.
Duration: 24 Total Hours
- Personnel Requirements
- Material Attributes
- Environmental and Physiological Factors
- Visual Perception
- Employer Defined Application
- Accept / Reject Criteria
- Recording and Reports
- Codes / Specifications / Procedures
- Training References
- ASM Handbook, 9th Ed., Vol. 17
- Hobart Institute of Welding Technology Welding Guide
- Nondestructive Testing Handbook, 1st Ed., Robert C. McMaster
- Visual Examination Technology, 2nd Ed., Vol. 8
- Welding Handbook: Welding Technology, Vol. 1, 8th Ed.
Registration: Class size is limited. This allows for maximum utilization of course time, hands on instruction, and equipment.
Prerequisite: High school physics and algebra helpful but not required.
We can train at your facility: Please call for more information
Contact Training Department